When trying to lose weight, there are a lot of weight loss advice being thrown around. Some of them are effective but some of them are not.
Usually, these advices may vary from eating fruits and vegetables to exercising. Not a lot of people love doing those, but they do love losing weight.
So in this article, I will share with you the 5 unorthodox weight loss advice you’ve never heard of but ones that you should definitely try for yourself.
- Variety Can Be a Bad Thing. One of the most common diet advice out there is to eat a lot of different foods, especially the ones that you haven’t eaten before. This is common because people think that by eating different foods, your body will have to acclimate itself again to the new foods being introduced. Because of this, people assume that you will lose a lot of weight, but registered dietitians think otherwise. You see, when people try many new foods, there is a huge likelihood that they will eat more. That is because they might come across a food that they really like and some of us have poor control of our eating habits. So just this once, stick to what foods worked for your current weight loss efforts.
- Enliven Your Salads. Another common advice people throw around like crazy is that you only eat fresh salads with absolutely no dressing and absolutely no other ingredients other than vegetables. This is just bad advice because eating vegetables alone may contribute to hunger, and thus, lead to eating more. Dietitians advocate that you should put some salad dressing and protein in your salads so that you feel full longer.
- Make a Healthy Party Tray. In most parties, hosts usually use a party tray so that people can just get the foods that they want and put them on their plates. These trays hold a variety of different foods and sauces for convenience. If you want to lose weight, make a healthy party tray. Put your favorite fruits and vegetables and sauces on the tray and put them in the fridge. Make sure to put them at eye-level so that you will be enticed to healthy. In doing so, you will grab healthier snack options whenever you feel the need to eat.
- Lower the Thermostat. People often set the thermostat high because they want their houses to be warm and cozy. I get that, but if you want to lose weight, you may want to lower the thermostat. When you lower your thermostat and thus, the environment gets cold around you, your “brown” fat will burn more fat in the process. Plus, your metabolism will increase because of it.
- Get Smaller Plates. Whenever I go to parties, one thing I notice is that the plates are almost always big. That is understandable because guests often cram as much food as they can in every sitting. The problem with this is that you will have more space to put food on. One thing to help you lose weight is to get smaller plates and dinnerware. This way, you’re forced to eat only a few foods compared to the big plates you used to have.
If you want to try out new diet ideas, then be sure to follow the tips I mentioned above. They are unorthodox but I’ve tried some for myself, and I’ve already lost 3 pounds in just one week by doing them!